Blackboard Learn is an online course system that supports supplementary learning tools in an online environment. Instructors can share course materials (e.g., course syllabus, supplemental readings), post announcements, edit course calendars, track and calculate grades, or start online discussion boards using Blackboard.
In this section:
You can access Blackboard by logging in to MyMercer and clicking the Access Blackboard link located in main area of the homepage. This access is provided as soon as you are desgnated the instructor of a course.
For direct access to Blackboard via the website:
- Visit Blackboard: https://bb-mercer.blackboard.com
- Enter your username (example: Smith_J) in the Username field.
- Enter your password.
NOTE: By default, your password is your six-digit birth date in the YYYYMM format. For example, if you were born on December 15, 1980, your password would be 198012.
- Click OK. The Blackboard homepage is visible and displays all of your accessible courses.
To change your Blackboard password:
- Log in to Blackboard.
- Click on your name in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select Settings.
- Click Personal Information.
- Click the Change Password link.
- Type a new password in the Password and Verify Password fields.
- Click Submit.
After the Registrar's office sets you as the instructor to a course in CampusNexus, your course(s) will appear in the Blackboard Course List within 24 hours. If you do not see your courses listed after 24 hours, contact the Registrar's office.