Blackboard is an online course system that supports supplementary learning tools in an online environment. Students can download course materials (e.g., course syllabus, supplemental readings), view course announcements, review course calendars, track grades, or participate in online discussion boards using Blackboard.
In this section:
- Accessing Blackboard via MyMercer
- Direct Blackboard Access
- Changing Your Blackboard Password
- Help and Support
Your Blackboard account will be created automatically after you register for class. When your account is ready, you can access it by logging in to MyMercer and clicking the Access Blackboard link located in main area of the homepage.
For direct access to Blackboard via the website:
- Visit Blackboard: https://bb-mercer.blackboard.com
- Enter your Mercer University ID (MUID) number in the Username field (e.g., 10234567).
- Enter your password.
NOTE: By default, your password is Mercer and your six-digit birth date in the YYMMDD format. For example, if you were born on December 15, 1980, your password would be Mercer801215.
- Click OK. The Blackboard homepage is visible and displays all of your accessible courses.
To change your Blackboard password:
- Log in to Blackboard.
- Click on your name in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select Settings.
- Click Personal Information.
- Click the Change Password link.
- Type a new password in the Password and Verify Password fields.
- Click Submit.
If you have problems accessing or using the Blackboard system, contact the IT Help Desk.