This migration pertains only to students who had Mercer email accounts prior to the Spring 2010 semester.
Access to WebMail will be cutoff on March 1, 2010.
MercerLive is Mercer’s new web-based student email service, powered by Microsoft, which replaces the previously used WebMail system. Your new email address will include @live.mercer.edu instead of @student.mercer.edu once you complete the migration. The part of your address before the character @ will remain the same. Once you have completed all steps in Phase One and Phase Two below, email sent to your old address will automatically be forwarded to your new address until December 1, 2010. Medical and Law students are excluded from this migration.
IMPORTANT: If you have stored email in folders, these will need to be moved to your Inbox prior to migration, or you will need to forward them to your new email account after migration.
To setup and begin using your new MercerLive account, follow the steps in Phase One and Phase Two below.
**NOTE: You must use one of the following browser versions (or later) for the migration: Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3.0.1, or Safari 3.1. Google Chrome is not supported for the migration process, although you may use it to access MercerLive after completion of the migration.
Phase One – Setting up your new email account:
- Visit http://mercerlive.mercer.edu/.
- Type your Mercer University ID number, followed by @live.mercer.edu, in the Email Address field.
- Type your date of birth in the format YYMMDD in the Password field (e.g., 880329).
- Follow the prompts to set up your account.
Phase Two – Moving current email into your new account (MUST BE COMPLETED):
- Click the Mail link located at the top of the page.
- Click the Options button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select New from the Other Accounts section in the center of the screen.
- Type your Mercer ID number followed by @student.mercer.edu in the E-mail address field (e.g., email@example.com).
- Type your old password in the Password field. Click Next.
- Wait for this message “You're good to go! Your accounts are now connected. You'll see mail from your other account soon.” Click Finish.
For more information about MercerLive, including Common Questions, visit the Email Access section of our website.