Students are assigned usernames and passwords to access various secure systems at Mercer University. Each of those systems are described below, including how to change the password for each. Mercer IT recommends that individuals change their passwords immediately when assigned and approximately every six months, using “strong” passwords that include alpha-numeric characters, capital and lowercase characters, and symbols (if available).
In this section:
The MyMercer password allows access to personal information, student records, registration, and financial planning resources.
The MyMercer password cannot be changed within the system. If you have problems accessing or using the MyMercer system, contact the IT Help Desk.
The Blackboard password allows access to supplementary course materials and websites (as activated by the professor).
The Blackboard password can be changed by visiting the My Settings link on the Blackboard home page.
The MercerLive password allows access to your Mercer student email account.
To change your email account password:
- Login to your MercerLive email account.
- Click the Options button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Change your password from the Shortcuts menu on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Under Password Reset Information, click Change next to Password.
- Type your old password in the Old password field.
- Type a new password in the Type New Password and Retype New Password fields.
- Click Save.