For students…how they register for classes, pay their bills, and interact with Financial Planning will all change.
For faculty and staff…how they register students, access student data, complete roll reconciliations, and more will change.
- The intention is to train close to the go-live date and employ “just in time” training so that all are trained on the tasks they must complete within the first few months.
- The level of training will differ for faculty members with teach-only responsibilities and those faculty members who teach and serve as advisors.
- Training is set to take various forms: (1) Web-based tutorials, (2) Step-by-step information sheets/guides related to specific tasks, (3) Face-to-face training and lab work
- The tutorials and guide sheets will be kept on the new Web site.
- How will faculty members know what kind of training is best for them?
Video demonstrations of the new system will be run. Specific demos will be made available to students, faculty, and staff. The demos will outline terminology, basic navigation, and an example or two of a specific task relevant to the group. Once the demo is viewed, one will have a feel for the system, and then will be equipped to choose the type(s) of training required.
It is imperative that faculty members view the demos and take advantage of the training.
- The class attendance feature of the new system will be used for roll reconciliation.
All individuals teaching classes must take student attendance for the first three weeks of each term.
This information will be used for the University census counts. The Registrars will no longer send out reconciliation rolls.
For Law and Medicine you will need to check with your Registrars to see how this will be handled in your areas.
- Counseling reports will no longer be printed by the Registrar. Advisors can view/print Advising Reports in CVue.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness plans to work directly with the MARS users to direct them to CampusVue reports or custom reports built to replace MARS reports. You will hear from Cindy Glance and Sarah May directly.
- Advising and early registration for summer and fall terms will begin at the end of March, as is our custom. These activities will occur on the new system.
Book mark this site as all of the information you will need
to make the move to the new system will be kept here.