Follow the steps below to connect to a network drive using a Mac. If you are not connected to the Mercer network, Virtual Private Network (VPN) access is required. For security reasons, you must not use a personal computer to connect to a network drive.
- In the menu bar, click Go -> Connect to Server. If you don't see the Go menu, click the Finder icon in the dock, or any open space on the desktop.
- Enter the following in the Server Address field: smb://merceru.local/your folder name
- Click the + button to add the address to the list of favorite servers, and then click Connect.
- Enter your Mercer username and password, check the box to remember the password, and click Connect.
- An icon will appear on your desktop which will open the data shared by your department.
Note: When your computer disconnects from the network, the icon will disappear. To reconnect, simply follow step 1 above, select the server from the favorites list, and click Connect.