Follow the steps below to connect to a network drive using a Windows computer. If you are not connected to the Mercer network, Virtual Private Network (VPN) access is required. For security reasons, you must not use a personal computer to connect to a network drive.
- Open File Explorer from the taskbar, Start menu, or press the Windows logo key + E.
- Select This PC from the left pane. Then, on the Computer tab, select the Map network drive icon.
- In the Drive list, select a drive letter. Mercer uses M: for departmental shares and P: for personal drives. Otherwise, any drive letter not being used will do.
- In the Folder box, enter the following: \\merceru.local\your folder name
- Choose Finish. The drive will open in a new window.