Respondus Lockdown Browser is a secure browser for taking tests in Canvas. It prevents you from printing, copying, going to another URL, or accessing other applications during a test. If a Canvas test requires that Respondus Lockdown Browser be used, you will not be able to take the test with a standard web browser. Respondus Lockdown Browser should only be used for taking Canvas tests.
The use of Chromebooks with the Respondus Lockdown Browser is being researched. Chromebooks have limitations, and we typically have not recommended their use.
Enroll in the Respondus Lockdown Browser Course in Canvas
Follow the instructions below to download and install the Respondus Lockdown Browser.
- Log into the Canvas:
- Click the Courses icon in Canvas menu and select All Courses.
- Click the Browse More Courses button.
- Click the Join This Course button under the course name Respondus and the Lockdown Browser for Instructors.
- Click the Enroll in Course button.
- Click the Go to the Course button.
- Follow the instructions in the course page to download and install the Respondus and Lockdown Browser.