Microsoft 365 is the university’s email system, powered by Microsoft. All Mercer employees receive an email account. During the new employee setup process, IT will install and configure Outlook on your Mercer computer system. However, employees may also access their email accounts over the Internet or via mobile device (e.g., iPhone, Windows-based Droid).
In this section:
- Checking Email via the Internet
- Changing Email Password
- Configuring Mobile Devices (Apple and Android)
- Avoiding SPAM
You access your Mercer email, calendar, address book, and tasks on any computer through a web browser.
- Visit the Microsoft 365 sign in page: https://www.office.com
- Enter your email address in the Microsoft Sign in box. (e.g., Smith_JA@mercer.edu)
- Click Next.
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Click Sign in.
Mercer provides the several options to make it easy for you to change or reset your password. Visit the Password Self-Service information page or follow the steps below to change your password via Microsoft 365. Note: If you change your email password it also changes your password for MyMercer, the wireless network, and on-campus computers.
Change your password:
- Log in to your Microsoft 365 account here: https://www.office.com
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner and select Change your password.
- Enter your current password in the Old password field.
- Enter your new password in the Create new password and Confirm new password fields.
- Click submit. Once changed, the new password will become effective immediately.
Reset a forgotten password:
- Visit Microsoft 365 here: https://www.office.com
- Enter your email address and click Next.
- Click the Forgot my password link.
- Enter the characters in the picture or the words in the audio and click Next.
- Choose text or call my mobile phone for verification step 1 and follow the steps.
- Answer three security questions for verification step 2 and click Next.
- Enter your new password in the new password and Confirm new password fields.
- Click Finish. Once changed, the new password will become effective immediately.
For instructions on configuring your mobile device to access your Mercer email, choose from the list below:
If you need assistance configuring your mobile device, visit the IT Self-Service Portal.
We caution you not to respond to any email or click any links in an email from a sender that you do not know. Mercer will not solicit password information from you, and you should never respond to emails that do so. Tools and applications are provided to reduce the amount of spam (junk email) that arrives in your Mercer email account; however, new methods are constantly being developed in an attempt to bypass our tools. For more information, visit Viruses and Email Scams.