Mercer IT recognizes that Mercer University departments will sometimes host events that require individuals who are currently unaffiliated with Mercer University to be able to login and use computer lab resources.
The process documented herein applies when the following conditions are met:
- The event is sponsored and hosted by a Mercer employee or employees.
- The event is less than one day in duration.
To facilitate this request, while also maintaining a secure and safe computing environment, Mercer IT requests the following process be followed:
- At least one week prior to the event, a request will be made to the Mercer IT Help Desk for event-specific computer accounts to be created. Please include the following information.
- The number of accounts needed.
- The date, time, and duration of the event.
- Campus, building, and room location(s) of the event.
- The day before the event, the accounts will be created by Mercer IT, and the list of usernames and passwords will be emailed to the individual who put in the request. These accounts will only be active through the day of the event.
- On the day of the event, the event sponsors will provide each attendee the username and password for one of the accounts created. This will be the account that that attendee uses during the event. We ask that the event sponsor document, which account was provided to which attendee. You may want to use a sign-in sheet and write the account name that was provided to each attendee as they sign in.
- Before providing the account information to an attendee, we ask that the event sponsor have them sign an Access and Use form (provided by IT).
- At the end of the event, the sponsor will have all attendees log off their active account session.