Information Technology will provide a loaner computer to Mercer employees upon request, based on the following criteria and as availability permits. Computer loans are for work-related use only and not for classwork or personal use. Apple devices are not available for loan.
Pre-approved Computer Loan Requests (no service fees)
A loaner computer will be provided by IT at no charge to the customer under the following conditions:
- Failing or inoperable device: While a customer’s primary device is undergoing repair or troubleshooting from an Information Technology technician or approved vendor, a loaner computer may be supplied upon request. The customer’s secondary device or department floater should be used if available in lieu of an IT loaner.
- New employee: A temporary loaner device may be supplied if a new employee is beginning work and a new computer has not arrived but the purchase process has begun.
- Lost or stolen computer: Upon the event of a client’s computer being lost or stolen, Mercer IT will provide a loaner computer while arrangements for the redeploy of an existing system or purchase of a new system are made.
Other Computer Loan Requests (service fees apply)
Other computer loan requests include (but are not limited to) requests that do not meet the conditions listed above in the “Pre-approved” section (e.g., for travel, special events, and presentations).
- Other computer loan requests will incur a fee of $35 per device for the 1st day and $10 for each additional day.
- Single computer loan requests require at least two business days for processing, approval, and preparation of the equipment.
- Multiple computer loan requests of 3 or more computers (e.g., for an event) require at least one week for processing, approval, and preparation of the equipment.
- The customer is responsible for any damage incurred to the equipment and is responsible for the cost of replacement or repair of the computer if loss or damage does occur during the period of the loan.
- Estimated loss/damage replacement costs are outlined below:
- Dell Power Adapter – $85
- Laptop – cost of repair or replacement up to $900
- Desktop – cost of repair or replacement up to $750