Mercer IT maintains a wireless networking system, by which the Mercer students can access the Internet.
In this section:
- Wired Access
- Wireless Access for Students
- Wireless Access for Guests
- Game Consoles, Printers, and Media Devices
To connect to our wired network, simply plug an Ethernet cable into your computer, game console, or other devices and the wall jack with a blue tab (not white). Cables may be purchased at the bookstore or at the Auxililary Services office on the Macon campus; you will also find them at most major retailers.
Wired network access is not available in the following buildings:
- Mercer Lofts (all locations)
- Orange Street Apartments
- Mercer Hall
If you require wired network access in the Lofts, please contact Lofts management at (478) 743-5638 and inquire about obtaining a Cox cable modem.
To connect to our wireless network, simply select the MU-Secure wireless connection from the list of available networks. You will be prompted to enter your username and password (same as for logging into your MyMercer account). If you have never logged into your MyMercer account, click here for instructions.
Note: It is not necessary to connect to the MU-Secure-Setup network in order to use MU-Secure. The MU-Secure-Setup network runs a utility to configure devices for the MU-secure network in the event that they can't connect normally.
Click the icons below for instructions on how to connect to the MU-Secure network using the following devices:
Guests (which includes parents, visitors, etc.) may access the MU-Guest wireless network in select areas on campus. Simply select the MU-Guest wireless connection from the list of available networks. Once connected, open an internet browser. Guests will be prompted to enter a valid email address.
NOTE: The MU-Guest network is not available in the dorms, apartments, Lofts, or any property not owned by Mercer.
Game consoles, printers, and multimedia devices (Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, etc.) are not capable of connecting to the MU-Secure wireless network due to network security requirements. Network compatibility information for these devices is listed below:
- Game consoles: Must be connected to the wired network with a network cable.
- Apple TV, Roku, Smart TV: Must be connected to the wired network with a network cable. Casting will not work.
- Chromecast, Roku Stream Stick: Will not work on the MU-Secure wireless network.
- Wireless printers: Will not work on the MU-Secure wireless network. Printers must be connected to a computer with a USB cable.