Effective by Thursday, February 1, 2024, Mercer IT is enabling a new Microsoft 365 email feature, known as First Contact Safety Tip, along with a new Phish Alert Report button to further assist in preventing phishing attacks. These new features are designed to improve email security and help further educate us all about potential email-based threats.
The safety tip will be displayed at the beginning of emails based on the following criteria:
- Email received from a sender for the first time
- Email not often received from a sender
- If you are certain the email is legitimate, you may proceed as usual.
- If you suspect any email to be malicious, use the Phish Alert Report button in the top right-hand corner of Outlook to submit it for review.
- If you have questions and/or concerns, contact the IT Help Desk