In this section:
- From the Google Play Store, download and install the Microsoft Outlook app.
- Open the Microsoft Outlook app and select Get Started.
- The Outlook app will try to detect your accounts.
- If listed, check the account(s) you would like to add and tap Add Accounts. You may be required to enter your password.
- If not listed, uncheck all accounts, tap Skip, and continue with the steps below.
- Enter your Mercer email address in the Email address field and tap Continue. (e.g. Smith_J@mercer.edu)
- Enter your password the Password field and tap Sign In or Next. The same password used to access your computer, MyMercer, and Canvas.
For easy email and calendar management, we recommend you set up email in the Outlook for Android mobile app.
Android mail apps may look different across different devices, and these directions may not exactly match the options you see. Use these steps as a guide or consult your provider or manufacturer's help for your particular device.
- Open the list of apps and launch the Settings app.
- Look for Accounts, Accounts & Sync, or My Accounts and Add account.
- Select Corporate, Microsoft ActiveSync or Exchange.
- Enter the Email Account Configuration Information listed in the table below.
- The device should prompt to allow the server to administer the phone, or change security settings. Click OK or Allow to any security warnings or prompts. These settings allow you to remotely remove your account from your phone in the event that it is lost or stolen.
Email Account Configuration Information
|Your Mercer email address
|Your email address (e.g. Doe_J@mercer.edu)
|SSL or SSL/TLS (enable the option to accept all certificates, if available)
|Your password (The same password used to access your computer, MyMercer, and CampusNexus)
|Set this to your preference. This is how your account will be listed on your device.
Note: If there is a field labeled Domain\Username, enter your email address (e.g. Doe_J@mercer.edu).