Canvas is an online course system that supports supplementary learning tools in an online environment. Students can download course materials (e.g., course syllabus, supplemental readings), view course announcements, review course calendars, track grades, or participate in online discussion boards using Canvas.
In this section:
During the Fall 2016 semester, Mercer is evaluating Canvas as an alternative learning management system. Canvas will be used to deliver course content for a small pilot group of courses.
To access Canvas:
- Visit Canvas: https://merceru.instructure.com
- Enter your username (example: Smith_J) in the User Name field.
- Enter your password in the Password field.
This will be the same password used to log in to your computer and/or email.
- Click OK. Click the Dashboard icon on the left to view your courses.
NOTE: We recommend using Firefox or Chrome to access Canvas. Internet Explorer may give an error that your username and password are not correct even though you are providing the correct credentials.
If you have a problem accessing Canvas, contact the IT Help Desk.
All Other Inquiries:
All other questions/inquiries should be directed to the Canvas support team:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 855-693-2962
- Chat and Online Ticket Submission: Log into Canvas, click the Help icon in the lower-left corner, and select Report a Problem.